I hasn't been baking for my late mum for a while and I'm glad I did it this 清明节.
And I thought I could steam the cake using the same recipe but it didn't turn out as expected. Luckily I was left with 50% batter to bake them. Nice, cute & liked by all the kids!
(Yield about 35 to 40 mini cupcakes)
3 egg whites
65g icing sugar
3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
50g corn oil
65g self-raising flour
5g cocoa powder + 1 tbsp hot water
- In a mixing bowl, mix egg yolks and whole egg together with a hand whisk. Add in corn oil till combined. (I used the mixer)
- Sieve in self-raising flour and mix well, set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites to bubbly at medium speed and add icing sugar into it in 3 batches and whisk to stiff peak.
- Add 1/3 of meringue to egg yolk mixture and fold well with a rubber spatula. Then pour all the egg mixture into the meringue at low speed and mix well.
- Scoop the batter into the mini cupcake liner about 3/4 full.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 175 deg C for 18-20 mins.