When I first received the invite for the launch of Skippy new product range, natural & healthier version, I was kinda surprised but nevertheless accepted it to "fill" one of the school holiday activities. My lil boy was all prep to see Dr jiajia and a radio DJ (Jamie Yeo). And because we went to the Kranji farms in the morning, we actually overslept for the afternoon event (ohno...) ... Luckily we had the car on that day so it was pretty fast
I didn't know what to expect in a product launch, but this is pretty cool and fun especially for my lil boy, making peanut butter jelly rice cereal bars like a chef!
60g Skippy natural creamy peanut butter
3 cups rice puff cereals
20g grape jelly (or any jam/ spread)
- Microwave peanut butter in a large bowl for 1 min.
- Add in marshmallows and stir, coating them evenly.
- Microwave coated marshmallows for another 1 min, or till melted. Using spatula, stir till mixture are evenly mixed and looks gluey. (Have to be quick otherwise the marshmallows will start to turn hard quite fast.)
- Pour in rice puff cereals and stir.
- Pour half of the mixture in a 7x9" tray and press down.
- Spread grape jelly on the pressed rice puff cereals.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the grape jelly, and press down.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.