These were baked just before I left for my month-long holidays to States and Tokyo. I was trying to clear some stuffs in the fridge. If you like Reese's peanut butter cup, you will like this sinful little treats!
Peanut butter choco cupcakes
250g fine sugar
200ml evaporated milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
125g all-purpose flour (plain flour)
70g cocoa powder
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2tsp vanilla essence
200g creamy peanut butter
1. Sift flour, cocoa power, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
2. Combine sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla essences and butter in a saucepan.
3. Stir over low heat until sugar dissoclved and butter melted. Remove from heat.
4. Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cooled mixture and stir till well mixed.
5. Add egg mixture over the flour and stir till well mixed.
6. Spoon batter into baking cups using ice-cream scoop till slightly more than 1/2 cup full. (The cake rises a fair bit, so if you want a nice dome cupcake, fill up about slightly less than 3/4 cup)
7. Pipe peanut butter into the batter.
8. Baked at pre-heated oven of 180 deg C for 18 to 20 mins or till the skewer inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
9. Transfer to wire rack to cool.