Passionfruit butter cake
(yield 9X5" loaf tin)
250g self raising flour, sifted
250g good quality unsalted butter, softened
185g castor sugar (I reduced it to 170g)
170g whole eggs, at room temperature (about 3 eggs)
100ml passionfruit juice (Only left with 2 passionfruit and yield 55gm juice, so added 45ml milk)
1) Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Prepare lined loaf tin and set aside.
2)In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar on medium high speed for about 5 mins until pale and fluffy.
3) Add beaten eggs to butter mixture in 6 additions, ensuring that each addition is well incorporated before adding the next addition.
4) Add 1/3rd of flour to the egg-butter mixture on low speed till well incorporated. Next add in passionfruit juice to batter till well incorporated.
5) Add another 1/3rd of flour to the batter till well incorporated. Add the milk and mix till well incorporated. Lastly add the remaining flour into the batter and mix till well incorporated.
6) Scrape the side and bottom with a spatula for any loose ingredients.
7) Bake for about 50-60 min at 180 deg C.
8) Check doneness when skewer come out clean after inserted into cake.
9) Allow cake to cool completely on wire rack.