220g rice flour
300g yam, cut into cubes
50g tapioca flour
2 tsp five-spice powder
8 shallots - sliced thinly
30g chinese sausage, diced
30g dried scrimps, soaked and pound lightly
20g dried scallops, soaked and tear them up loosely
7 no. mushroom, soaked and diced
2 tbsp cooking oil (or shallot oil)
1 tbsp cooking oil (to be added into boiling water)
1.5 tsp salt
1 cube chicken stock
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1) Fry yam. When ready, dish up and add 2 tbsp oil and toss with five-spice powder, set aside.
2) Fry shallots until fragrant with 2 tbsp oil. Dish up 3/4th of it into a bowl. Continue to fry remaining 1/4th of shallots till lightly brown and crispy. Dish up and set aside.3) Put back the 3/4th shallots into wok and add in dried scrimps and fry till dried scrimps start to 'jump', then add in chinese sausage, mushroom, and scallops. Dish up and set aside.
4) Mix rice flour and tapioca flour with 425ml water. Add in seasoning and stir.
5) In a wok, boil 500ml water till boiling. Add in 1 tbsp oil. Off heat, pour in flour mixture and stir till mixture thickens. On heat again and cook over low heat till mixture thickens, pour in dried scrimps mixture and stir till well mixed.6) Pour into 8" oiled square tray and level the top.
7) Steam for 45 mins.
8) Leave to cool before slicing.
9) Sprinkle garnishes like shallots, spring onions on top.
Shallot oil & freshly fried shallots!